When should an owner hire Property Management Company?
One of the biggest decisions that you will make as a property owner is whether you should hire a property management company. Many owners manage properties on their own or with the help of an employee, such as a resident manager. But sometimes owners need more help, and that’s when a property management company might make sense. Property management companies can be a huge asset to your business and hiring the right one is very important.
What does a property management company do?
Management companies deal directly with prospects and tenants, saving your time and worry over marketing your rentals, collecting rent, handling maintenance and repair issues, responding to tenant complaints, and even pursuing evictions. Plus, a good management company brings its know-how and experience to your property, giving you the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your investment is in good hands. Finally, a management company is an independent contractor, so you avoid the hassles of being an employer.
When should you hire a property management company?
You should consider hiring a property management company if:
1. You have lots of properties or rental units. The more rental properties you own and the more units they contain, the more you’re likely to benefit from a management company.
2. You don’t live near your rental property. If your rental property is located far from where you live, hiring a property management company can be invaluable in dealing with the many issues that you will not be able to handle from afar.
3. You’re not interested in Hands-On management. Many owners look forward to the challenge of finding good tenants and the rewards of maintaining a safe and attractive property on their own. But if you view rental property ownership strictly as an investment and want little or nothing to do with the day – to – day Management of your properties, meeting management company.
4. If your business is growing, at some point you may find that you need a substantial amount to help to manage everything properly. Don’t want to be an employer. You will have to handle payroll deal with many other legal requirements and considerations.
What We Do
My Company, Space Lift Design, Inc. would cherish the opportunity to manage your property. By hiring us you would receive the following six items in return:
1. Rent responsibilities. Set the rent to attract tenants. Collect the rent and any late fees. Adjust the rent based on market conditions.
2. Tenant responsibilities. Find and screen tenants. Handle leases, complaints, emergencies, move outs and evictions.
3. Maintenance and repairs. We have many contacts in our network to help us keep the property looking nice and repair problems.
4. Knowledge of Landlord-Tenant Law. Screening tenants, handling security deposits, terminating a lease, evicting a tenant and complying with property safety standards.
5. Supervising responsibilities. If there are other employees at the property, i’e’ security or housekeeping we will ensure that they are doing their job.
6. Managing the budget and maintaining records. Keep detailed records and sent to the landlord monthly.
We look forward to adding you to our growing list of satisfied clients.